A world-class educational experience for all.
Academic excellence is a source of great pride within the Annunciation community. We want every child at every level to excel, and we work incredibly hard to deliver on that promise. With our talented, highly trained educators, proven curricula and assistive technology, we give students a leg up on learning now and the confidence they’ll need to achieve a very bright future.
Here is a brief recap of the things that set Annunciation apart:
- Teachers can differentiate instruction in order to reach all our learners.
- Teaching aides and volunteer tutors give one-on-one help to students, both to challenge and support learning.
- Promethean “Smart Boards” are in every classroom and use technology to help bring the world to our students in real time.
- Our focus on developing and enriching reading for students in Grades K–3 is bolstered by our phonics program, Fundations, offered in just a few schools in Minnesota.
- We are proud to have specialists in computer literacy, creative arts, physical education and Spanish.
- Unlike many public schools, we have a library and a librarian who makes recommendations based on a child's reading level, so that children of any ability can become more confident readers.
- We also have two part-time teachers, an Enrichment Facilitator, who works with students to benefit from material above and beyond the classroom curriculum, and a Learning Specialist who coaches students with strategies to help with ADD, ADHD and organizational challenges.
- Students in grades K-8 have scheduled time with all specialists.
There are even academic opportunities beyond the classroom.
We are proud to offer your child a wealth of opportunities beyond the classroom for academic enrichment, team-building and just plain old fun! No matter what your student is into, we have a program that will challenge them, entertain them and delight them.
These experiences include:
- Art Adventure
- Book Fair
- Christmas Program
- Geography Bee
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Awards Reading Challenge
- Math Club
- Science Fair
- 6th Grade Environmental Camp
- Spelling Bee
- Quiz Bowl
- MN Zoo Overnight
- Various field trips