Church Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Annunciation will resume our regular Mass schedule on Wednesday, May 27th. We are allowed to have no more than 25% of the church filled during this time. Therefore, based on the size of our church, we have determined that we can safely accommodate up to 120 persons per Mass.
For the foreseeable future, if you plan to attend Mass on the weekend, you must sign up. You will NOT need to sign up online to come to a weekday daily Mass.
Coming to Mass will look different during this time:
- Please use the restroom before coming to Mass.
- Face masks are mandatory. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- Please enter through the South foyer doors. The doors will be open 30 minutes before Mass (45 minutes before the 9:30 am Sunday Mass for those who want to pray the rosary at 9:00 am), and will be locked when Mass begins.
- A staff member will be there to greet you.
- You will need to use the hand sanitizer located in the South foyer as you enter.
- Please arrive early. We want to avoid the situation where the majority of the people coming to a Mass all show up 5 minutes before Mass begins.
- As you are entering the south foyer and walking up to the church please remain socially distant from other people that are entering at the same time as you.
- Pews that are available for seating will have signs on them. Only sit in these pews.
- No more than 2 households per pew, as long as the 2 households can be 6 feet apart in the pew. Some pews will only be able to accommodate 1 household.
- We will have staff as ushers to help people find seats.
- Pews will be sanitized before and after Masses.
- There will be boxes on either side of the communion rail to drop in your envelope and donations.
- The distribution of Holy Communion will take place after the Mass has ended. Father Park will explain this procedure at Mass. The faithful should receive Communion in the hand. The faithful may NOT wear gloves when receiving Communion in the hand.
- After you have received Holy Communion, you will need to exit the church through one of the metal doors near the St. Mary or St. Joseph altars. Please sanitize your hands as you leave. People may not stay around to socialize in church after Mass.
- All COVID-19 positive persons, those who are symptomatic, and those living with them, must stay home.
- Persons over age 65 and those with preexisting health conditions should continue to stay home and avoid public gatherings, including in church.
- We will continue to live-stream 9:30am Sunday Mass on Facebook for the benefit of the homebound and those otherwise vulnerable and unable to attend in person.
- The Obligation to attend Sunday Mass and Holy Days of Obligation continues to be suspended as long as the pandemic continues.
We are praying for you and looking forward to when we can again fully gather as a community.Sign-up for a Mass this Weekend
If you are unable to sign-up online, please contact Mary Grace at 612-824-9993 ext. 242.
Thank you for your cooperation during this challenging time!
We are grateful for your support and faithfulness to our Annunciation parish community. We are confident that together, with God’s love, help and guidance, we will make it through this time of uncertainty. We trust that God has a plan in all of this for us. May God continue to watch over us, bless us, and guide us on this journey.
God bless you!
Father Brian Park