AYM Senior High Summer Mission Trip
Friday, July 14 - Sunday, July 23, 2023
(Classes 2023, 2024 & 2025)
September 25th - October 1st 2022 7:00pm
Annunciation Youth Ministries invites senior high youth to participate in a Youthworks Mission Trip. Their mission, quite simply, is to provide life changing, Christ centered youth mission opportunities. They create extraordinarily fun and significant mission adventures focused on the needs and capabilities of youth. This trip is open to youth in the classes of 2023, 2024 and 2025 who are members of Annunciation Parish or are active in AYM.
In Nashville, our group will have a variety of service opportunities, including partnering with local organizations through food and clothing distribution and sorting, spending time with the elderly, community beautification projects and helping facilitate youth programming. In the evenings, our group will have the chance to explore downtown Nashville, spend time at Centennial Park, taking pictures at the Parthenon and relaxing on the lawn. YouthWorks has partnered with this community since 2010.
"Serve alongside a diverse community through local partnerships and help facilitate children's programming."
- Partner with local organizations to meet ongoing needs in the community.
- Students may serve all or part of the week at a food pantry, clothing distribution center, soup kitchen or assisting with local community intiatives.
- Plan and lead children’s programming, including Bible lessons, games, crafts and reading activities.
- $800.00 covers transportation, lodging, activity fees & meals at the mission site.
- You will need to bring extra money to buy meals while on the road.
- You may reduce the trip cost from $800.00 to $650.00 if you work three shifts at the AYM fundraising/service events.
- You may further reduce the trip cost by selling AYM Summer Mission Trip Stock to family, friends & acquaintances.
How To Register?
ALL interested youth should register during the registration window (September 25th- October 1st 7:00pm).
300.00 Deposit required.
The 2023 AYM Mission Trip to Nashville, TN is FULL for Adult Leaders and Youth Participants. You may still register but you will be placed on a waiting list. You should still sign up for your Three Fundrasing ShiftsYOUTH ONLINE REGISTRATION ADULT ONLINE REGISTRATION YOUTHWORKS LEADERS REGISTARTION LINK YOUTHWORKS ONLINE REGISTRATION LINK
- ALL registered participants and parents are required to attend a Registration/Orientation meeting on Sunday, October 2nd, 2022 from 7:30-8:30 PM in the Church Community Room.
- We will be sharing new information and expectations for the trip. If more than 59 youth register, a lottery will be held and a wait list will be determined. The AYM Mission Trip Stock will be discussed.
- Be sure to check your family’s summer schedule, your camp schedule, your sports schedule and all other summer commitments before registering. Any cancellations must be in writing.
- ALL Parents who have signed up to be an Adult Leader is required to be at an Adult Leadership Meeting November 7th 7:30-8:30pm in the Youth Room-ALL VIRTUS paperwork is due 11/7/2023.
- The second payment must be received by June 1, 2023 unless other arrangements have been made with the trip coordinator.
- ALL registered participants and parents are required to attend a Trip Preperation Meeting Monday, June 26th 2023 from 7:30-8:30pm in the Church Community Room.
- The AYM Mission Trip Stockholder's Celebration will be held on Thursday, August 10th 2023 6:45pm-8:30pm all Mission Trip participants are required to be in attendance.
All registered participants will sign up for THREE FUNDRAISING EVENTS.
( One of the three is a Vikings Program shift)
Friends & Family Letter
Additional Fundraising Opportunities
18+ Participant Requirements
Criminal Background Check, Code of Conduct and Virtus Training. (Approximately 95 minutes)
- Set aside sufficient time to complete all items without logging out.
- Incomplete accounts may result in lost data, requiring you to repeat your setup.
- Read and follow the directions on the website in the order presented.
- Skipping items, fast-forwarding or backing up may corrupt your account and require you to repeat your assignments.
- Complete each registration field as presented on the screen
- Complete the Code of Conduct
- Complete the Background Check application (SSN is required)
- Complete Safe Environment Training (1 module, approximately 75 minutes
IF, you have been Virtus trained before and want to verify if you are still active?
Contact: Teresa Thein Annunciation Church Business Administrator & Virtus Coordinator
* AYM 2023 SH MISSION TRIP ORIENTATION MTG 10/2/2023
Youth Waitinglist 2023 -As of 5/19/2023
1. Vince O'Connell
2. Max Dufresne
2023 Adult Leaders
1. Jen Campbell
2. Jimmy Dunn
3. Annie Foley
4. Emily Guilliatt
5. Becca Heer
6. Harry Kaiser
7. Sarah Klein
8. Brigitt Orfield
9. Dan O'Rourke
10. JoAnn O'Rourke
11. Colleen Rourke
12. Ellie Schmitz
13. Anne "Higgins" Stickney
14. Darby Voeks
Adult Waitinglist 2023
1. Teresa Thein
2. Shannon Smith
More Info? Email Jimmy Dunn at email@example.com