All employees, and volunteers who interact with minors, are required to complete and maintain safe environment credentials through the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
To ensure successful completion of the requirements, follow the information below before creating your VIRTUS account.
If you have an existing VIRTUS account, contact Teresa Thein, Safe Environment Coordinator, for assistance so your account can be updated prior to login.
Phone: 612-824-9993 x255
Total Time Commitment:
Approximately 95 minutes
- Set aside sufficient time to complete all items without logging out.
- Incomplete accounts may result in lost data, requiring you to repeat your setup.
- Read and follow the directions on the website in the order presented.
- Skipping items, fast-forwarding or backing up may corrupt your account and require you to repeat your assignments.
- Complete each registration field as presented on the screen
- Complete the Code of Conduct
- Complete the Background Check application (SSN is required)
- Complete Safe Environment Training (1 module, approximately 75 minutes)
VIRTUS website: www.virtusonline.org
Use Google Chrome browser and allow pop-ups for this website.
For more information on the Archdiocesan Safe Environment requirements, visit https://safe-environment.archspm.org/