March 17, 2020:
Dear Annunciation Parents,
We are so grateful for your patience and understanding as we build our new program for continuous learning at home. I am so proud and in awe of the work our staff has already accomplished. Please know that it is a work in progress - we will be learning as we go and adding elements over the coming weeks.
To keep you informed and up to date, we will continue to communicate through the Weekender on Thursdays with current information and Annunciation stories from our off-site learning. Facebook and Instagram will post messages and stories from our “school”. The website will host additional learning activities that students can do and other general information. For important updates, we will continue to send our email with a robo call as needed to alert you to these important messages.
- Continuous Learning- As of March 17, we have been instructed to offer continuous learning off site through May 4. Teachers will have daily lessons for students this week and next week. These lessons are “must do” activities that students need to complete to count as instructional time.
- Morning Announcements- To help share our ‘regular’ routines of school, I will be posting our morning prayer and announcements on Sycamore. If you wish to start the “school day” with our routine, click and join us in our prayer and pledge. We will also share any birthdays or announcements. Log into Sycamore and look under the News items. Enjoy!
- Spring Break (March 30 - April 3)- There will not be daily lessons during this time. However, given the unusual circumstances, we will be providing activities and options for students who wish to have some academic opportunities this week. Teachers are offering “can do” activities that can be used. We will also be working on posting additional sites or ideas on our website. School would normally resume on Monday, April 6. We will keep in touch as this date gets closer to confirm a date to resume.
- Office Hours- As of today, we will offer two times that parents/students may stop in to pick up any additional items that are needed.
Wednesday, March 25 - 9:00-12:00 (unless the current status changes)
- Conferences- With the closure of schools, our conferences are canceled. If there is a concern or issue, teachers will reach out and contact families. Also, if you have a specific concern or issue, please reach out to schedule a time to connect with your child’s teacher. If you don’t hear anything, all is well. While we value this contact with each family, with the additional work the teachers are doing to prepare and deliver the continuous learning plan, we will not be able to schedule time for each family and each teacher to connect at this time. Thanks for understanding.
- School events/activities- The CDC is currently recommending no gatherings of 50 or more for 8 weeks. Because of this and possible future restriction, school events during this 8 week period are postponed. Any rescheduling or changes are to be determined. I know this is disappointing to our students for the events canceled or postponed. If possible, we will do what we can to add or make up events near the year’s end. We will keep you posted as we learn more. A link to the CDC’s information page is here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
While we have endured many challenges this year, the community has stepped up when needed to support each other and adapt to the challenges and changes before us. This is a time to lean on our faith in God, allowing Him to guide and direct us. It reminds us what is most important - faith, family and friends - I pray that God guides and protects you and your family, watching over the Annunciation community in the coming days as we work together to move forward in these uncertain times. I thank God for the gift of our amazing school!
Blessings and prayers,
Jennifer M. Cassidy, Principal