- School Events
- AYM (Youth Group)
- Church News
- International Baccalaureate
- Principal Cassidy's News & Notes
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
Oct 29th, 2015
Get ready…our Annunciation Spelling Bee is right around the corner.
In the upcoming weeks students in 4-8th grade will be participate in grade level spelling bees. Through the process, 2 spellers from each grade will advance to our school spelling bee. This year our Annunciation Spelling Bee will be held on Tuesday, November 10th.
- Students in grades 4-8 will have the opportunity to participate in our School Bee.
- Students will take a written test to qualify for the classroom rounds.
- Grades 4 - 8 will compete for finalist spots at School Bee.
- 2 students from each grade level (10 total) will be the finalists in our Annunciation Bee
- Our spelling bee finalists will participate in the school bee on Tuesday, November 10
- Our Annunciation Spelling Champion will qualify for the semifinals- a 50 item spelling AND vocabulary computer-based test.
- Up to 50 of the top scorers in the semifinals qualify for the 2014 Minnesota Seven County Metro Area Bee
You can help your child prepare by:
- Helping her/him learn the 100 study words for their grade level. This list will be provided by classroom teachers.
- Learn words for other grade levels (there are 450 words on the school study list!) This list is available in classrooms and in the Enrichment Office.
- Register for Word Club. Word Club offers 120 + spelling and vocabulary tests covering more than 1,600 words. Season Passes are $24.99 and can be purchased at: http://spellingbee.com/wordclub
Other ideas for s-u-c-c-e-s-s
- For inspiration, watch the documentary Spellbound on family movie night.
- Keep a ‘great words’ journal for new and interesting words.
- Designate a spelling wall in your home. Post new words to the wall each day.
- For family game night, conduct a themed spelling bee with words from newspapers, cookbooks or novels
- Spell and jump rope!
- Read great books!
- Scour the dictionary – quiz your parents, friends and neighbors.
Questions? Contact Anne LaLonde Laux: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://annunciationenrichment.wikispaces.com/Spelling+Bee+2014-2015