- School Events
- AYM (Youth Group)
- Church News
- International Baccalaureate
- Principal Cassidy's News & Notes
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
Mar 16th, 2018
It was a bit of a whirlwind for 4 days down in the library! The annual Scholastic Book Fair was another testament to Annunciation's love of reading. Thank you to everyone for supporting the book fair. It was fun to meet those of you who stopped by during the Cookies & Milk storytime or when picking up your kids from school. I hope everyone is enjoying their new books (& pencils, journals and erasers!) on our day off from school. Also, thank you to the volunteers who helped set-up or took a shift at the register - I couldn't have done it without you!
Scholastic Book Fair IB Awards
- Communicators: the students who let me know HOW the Scholastic Book Fair works at Annunciation and helped me understand just exactly what they love about the fair.
- Open-Minded: all students for giving up their library classes & WIN time to support a book fair/fundraiser.
- Inquirers: 1st, 2nd & 3rd graders as they tried to find out just, "how much is this eraser?"
- Balanced: every student who purchased one book and one trinket.
- Risk Takers: every student who filled out a Wish List or made a choice under pressure during the fair - that's a lot harder to do than you'd think!
- Caring: the students who spotted their friends a quarter to cover the cost of a desired item.
- Thinkers: the students who pensively browsed the sale trying to find just the right challenge.
- Principled: the 5th graders who found a classmate's twenty dollar bill on the floor.
- Knowledgeable: on top of learning how much smelly gummy bear erasers cost, the students learned how to patiently wait in line, how to conduct monetary transactions without their parents, the value of money (especially their own!) and spent the week expressing their love of books and the knowledge we gain from reading!
A VERY SPECIAL thank you goes to Kerry, Ivan & Zophia K. for packing up the entire fair on Thursday night. They stayed until very late making sure that the library would be ready for classes on Monday morning!
**In case you missed out on a book that you really wanted, the online fair will remain open for another week. Visit Annunciation's Online Book Fair.
Annunciation Catholic School