- School Events
- AYM (Youth Group)
- Church News
- International Baccalaureate
- Principal Cassidy's News & Notes
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
Sep 10th, 2014
Greeting Middle School Parents!
On Thursday, September 11th, we will be having our Information Night. We have set it up this year as a “Day in the Life of a Middle School Student.”
You, the parents, will live a day that is similar to what your students go through at Annunciation. This is how it will work:
- Please ask what section your student is in. It will be either 1 or 2.
- Come ready to go to class on Thursday night. Upon arriving at Annunciation, you will go to the auditorium. We will have welcomes and introductions.
- At about 7:17, you will be dismissed to go to class. You will go to six classes in the middle school. Please see the attached schedule.
- Each class will last about 7-8 minutes. During this time, the teacher will go over their class, their syllabus, and answer any classroom specific questions.
- When you are done with this, there will be 2-3 minutes of ‘passing time’ so you can go the next class and repeat the process. Each core teacher will do this with you and the final class will be with Jennifer and myself.
- Once you are finished with your student’s schedule, there will be an opportunity to meet with Mrs. Strickland, examine volunteer opportunities for the middle school, and attend a “Boot Camp.”
- If you stay for the boot camp, this will be an opportunity for families to get a crash course on middle school. We will review Google Calendar, Cornerstone, Homebase, Finals, Conferences, Roles of admin/teachers, etc.
I think you will all have a blast living a day as a ‘student’ while learning more about Annunciation’s Middle School.
As a reminder, this night is all about receiving information about the class and program. If you have individual concerns or questions about your child, please schedule an individual conference with the teacher when they will be able to discuss your concerns.
I look forward to seeing you on Thursday night!