- School Events
- AYM (Youth Group)
- Church News
- International Baccalaureate
- Principal Cassidy's News & Notes
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
Apr 28th, 2017
IB Exhibition was the topic our professional development meeting this week. Exhibition leaders Mrs. Loney, Mrs. Warnemunde and Ms. Paul, introduced our staff to and lead a guided discovery of Exhibition.
In the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (PYP) Exhibition represents a significant event in the life of a PYP school and student, synthesizing the essential elements of the PYP and sharing them with the whole school community. As a culminating experience it is an opportunity for students to exhibit the attributes of the International Baccalaureate (IB) learner profile that they have been developing throughout their engagement with the PYP.
Exhibition, for Annunciation students, will take place in 5th-grade. To prepare for Exhibition, students are required to engage in a collaborative, transdisciplinary inquiry process. The students will be identifying, investigating and offering solutions to real-life issues or problems. Then the student will present her/his findings to an authentic audience that includes the school community.
The PYP exhibition has a number of key purposes:
- for students to engage in an in-depth, collaborative inquiry
- to provide students with an opportunity to demonstrate independence and responsibility for their own learning
- to provide students with an opportunity to explore multiple perspectives
- for students to synthesize and apply their learning of previous years
- to provide an authentic process for assessing student understanding
- to demonstrate how students can take action as a result of their learning
- to unite the students, teachers, parents and other members of the school community in a collaborative experience that incorporates the essential elements of the PYP
- to celebrate the transition of learners from primary to middle/secondary education.
We plan to introduce Exhibition to families and students in the fall of 2017 and carry out our first Annunciation Exhibition in the spring of 2018.
This is exciting stuff!
Want to know more? Here is a video with more information on Exhibition.