- School Events
- AYM (Youth Group)
- Church News
- International Baccalaureate
- Principal Cassidy's News & Notes
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
Oct 25th, 2018
Annunciation will offer the American Mathematics Contest (AMC) 8 Test in November.
The American Mathematics Competitions are a series of contests and curriculum materials that build problem-solving skills and mathematical knowledge in middle and high school students.
The AMC 8 is a 25 question, 40-minute, multiple choice exam. The contest/exam is designed to promote the development and enhancement of mathematical problem-solving skills.
The contest will take place on Tuesday, November 13 (a date set by a national council). The testing will be done after school, in the auditorium, from 2:45 – 3:30. Mrs. Morin and Ms. Means will proctor this event. Calculators ARE NOT allowed.
We are able to offer the contest to 40 students Middle School students. Priority will be given to our current 8th graders.
To request a spot for your middle school student, please email Anne LaLonde Laux. Confirmation will be sent via email.
If you are able to offset our cost for the site license and testing materials with a $4 /per registration donation, it would be much appreciated. Checks can be made to Annunciation School (Memo: Math Contest) and dropped off at the office.
AMC 8 Intramural Awards:
- A Certificate of Distinction is given to all students who receive a perfect score.
- An AMC 8 Winner Pin is given to the student(s) in each school with the highest score.
- The top three students for each school section will receive respectively a gold, silver, or bronze Certificate for Outstanding Achievement.
- An AMC 8 Honor Roll Certificate is given to all high scoring students.
Annunciation is proud to offer this opportunity as part of our academic enrichment programming and to partner with the American Mathematical Association in our dedication to strengthening the mathematical capabilities of students.