- School Events
- AYM (Youth Group)
- Church News
- International Baccalaureate
- Principal Cassidy's News & Notes
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
Jun 2nd, 2016
Dear 8th Grade Parents,
Graduation is just over a week away! We have some important information and reminders for you as we prepare for the 8th graders to graduate.
Schedule of events: Monday, June 6:
- Students arrive at school at the regular arrival time. They will be recognized at the all-school morning assembly and then will enjoy bagels with their peers and teachers, followed by graduation rehearsal. Students will be dismissed at 11:30am.
- In order for students to be dismissed early, parents must fill out the online permission slip
Tuesday, June 7: Morning:
- 9:00am – Graduates need to report to room 212W (Mrs. Guilliatt’s room).
- 9:15am – 8th grade class picture in the church.
- 9:30am – Liturgy at Annunciation Church. Families and friends are invited to attend this all-school Mass.
- 10:30am – Breakfast will be served immediately following the liturgy in the church Community Room. This is for graduates and middle school faculty only.
- Traditionally, eighth graders are dismissed early on Graduation Day after breakfast (approximately 12:30pm). In order to be dismissed early, parents must fill out the online permission slip (see link above).
- 6:30pm – Graduates need to report to the Community Room in the church basement.
- 7:00pm – Graduation Ceremony at Annunciation Church. Friends and family are invited to attend. Each family will be assigned half of a pew. Additional seating will be available in the side pews.
- A reception will be held in the church Community Room immediately following graduation.
As is our tradition, graduation Mass and the graduation ceremony will be celebrated in church. Students will also pose for a formal graduation picture at 9:15am prior to mass. Therefore, we expect the graduates to dress appropriately.
Attire for Morning and Evening Events
- Boys – Dress pants and dress shirts - suits/sport coats optional. No jeans.
- Girls - Dresses should have appropriate neckline and hemline (“of modest and appropriate length” as stated in the handbook); sweaters must be worn over strapless, spaghetti straps, halters, or backless dresses. No bare midriffs.
Emily Guilliatt (firstname.lastname@example.org, x234)
Erin McBurney (email@example.com, x236)
Jen Renstrom, School Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org, x200) Jennifer Cassidy, Principal (email@example.com, x202)
We look forward to celebrating this special occasion with you as your child completes their successful journey through school at Annunciation. It is a special time and a wonderful way to send off our graduates with many memories, friendships and prayers as they head to high school and beyond. Thank you for the privilege of partnering with you to educate your child. We are very proud of our 8th graders and will miss them next year!